The Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong (PCE) formerly known as Presbyterian Training College (PTC), Akropong, was established in 3rd July, 1848 by the Basel Evangelical Society with the core aim of training Professional Teachers. It is the first and oldest institution of higher learning in Ghana and second in West Africa only to the Fourah Bay College in Sierra Leone. The PCE has also contributed to the development of various aspect of national life, such as the development of Ghanaian Languages, Sports, Religion and Computer training, hence the name “Mother of Our Schools”.
PCE remains the only College of Education which trains both visually and hearing impaired. PCE gives teachers generally sound and basic education as well as attitudes and skills to live a shining and exemplary lives in the society.
PCE was running only Diploma Programmes until in 2017, the College was accredited to run Degree Programmes by the National Accreditation Board to award degree certificates to teachers after their four years’ programme.
XW85+R74 Akropong, Ghana