Hatch’s Dynamic Earth Solution Group (DES) is looking for a Civil Designer to join the team. Reporting to the Practice Lead you will support projects globally. This specific role will see you working on a major rail upgrade project in Canada, performing cable containment and utilities design.
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
As a Civil Designer, you will be required to provide engineering deliverables and technical support. The main duties and responsibilities as part of this position include:
• Cable Containment modelling and design
• Utilities modelling and design
• Earthworks and grading design
• Design access roads for mining, energy, and infrastructure related facilities
• Design and model drainage and stormwater management systems
• 3D model preparation and drawings production
• Close collaboration with other disciplines such as structures, mechanical, piping, and electrical
• Perform conceptual layout work
• Develop design details
• Check drawings prior to release
• Coordinate and review clash detection of models with other discipline models
• Verify onsite condition and dimensions relating to existing facilities
• Construction supervision dependent upon project demands
• Incorporate safety in design.