The Mining Operations Superintendent is responsible for implementing mine plans and managing all pit operations in a safe and efficient manner. The incumbent will be involved in optimising the allocated resources, ensuring delivery and achievement of pit production key performance indices.
The Fekola Gold Project has a total annual open pit production profile of circa 95 million tonnes using a mixed fleet of mining equipment ranging from 400t face shovels to 250t excavators loading Cat789 and Cat777 trucks and operating on a 24-hour/7 day a week basis.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mining Manager, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
• Knowledge of and compliance with relevant and applicable mining HSE statutory legislation.
• Management of contractors in the pit to ensure production and adherence to safety procedures, and relevant statutory legislation.
• Investigate and close out any actions related to safety incidents in the active mine area.
• Collaborate closely with the technical team on short and medium term planning requirements.
• Execute the plan in the field by managing and allocating the appropriate resources in a safe and efficient manner.
• Collaborate with the maintenance team on scheduling maintenance and breakdown repairs of the earthmoving fleet.
• Collaborate with the mine dispatch team to effectively manage the fleets.
• Implement and manage the pit dewatering system, stockpiles, waste dumps and rehabilitation in line with relevant designs, schedules and environmental controls.
• Coordinate mining projects with the mining teams and other departments, where necessary.
• Operate within departmental budget as set by department manager.
• Provide input into the open pit operational budget.
• Assure performance review for all staff members, establish work plans and progress assessments;
• Assist each staff member in compiling a Personal Development Plan [PDP] and ensure on the job coaching or other appropriate training interventions.