The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors is perhaps one of the oldest organized bodies in Nigeria. it started in 1934 as the “Licensed Surveyors Association” under the able leadership of the late Nationalist, Herbert Heelas Macaulay.
In 1960, the name was changed to the “Land Surveyors Association of Nigeria” with late Surv. C. T. Olumide as chairman.
The current name – “The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors” was adopted at the Enugu conference in 1966 with the late Surv. C. T. Olumide elected as its first President. The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors is the umbrella professional organisation for all Surveyors in Nigeria, whether in private practice, government or academia.
The Institution has its set goals and objectives clearly defined to its members.
Activities include branch meetings, conferences and events.
Central Business Dis, Abuja, Nigeria